Lisa got a survey from Disney recently, with tons of intriguing questions about possible Star Wars additions to Disney Parks. We discuss these questions, including our answers to some of them.
The WatchamaGreg joins us for a discussion of Brave and Wreck It Ralph. Which deserved the Academy Award? Yes, we’re ridiculously Disney-centric and barely mention the other nominees, other than to say that more people really need to see The Pirates! Band of Misfits, an Aardman Animations tour-de-force.
- Paperman, winner of 2013 Academy Award for Best Animated Short
- YouTube channel for PES, creator of Fresh Guacamole, which we all liked better than Paperman
- Ridiculous Lucky Captain Rabbit King, Lucky Captain Rabbit King Nuggets are for the youth!
- Vance’s tweet. Yay Vance!
- ZOMG. We missed Michelle’s birthday!
So, it’s finally happened, the (sort of) un-anticipated bye. Cat #1 has been out of town and things are a bit hectic here in the Land of Which I Am Mayor, so, instead of releasing a show of me reading the phone book or an undesited presentation from the Disney Magic about making towel animals (I’ve no idea how it ends but Trace indicated it could be with him cursing some clueless wanna-be towel folding lady), we shall take the week off and rejoin you all Wednesday, March 6, 2013!
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 9,300 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 16 years to get that many views.
This week’s show is practically like a news round-up, if we were a news show! We talk about the trying-to-go-viral marketing for Believe In Fantasy, and the new Mickey Check system for indicating which kids’ meals are healthier choices.
- Flying Entertainment Vehicle patent application, and discussion of the application on Neverland Gazette
- The patent itself, awarded October 16, 2012
- Sightings of prototype dragons
- Disney’s Believe in Fantasy tumblr
- Mickey Check article from the Disney Parks Blog
- Disney nutrition guidelines associated with the Mickey Check (and only for kids! so grownups can eat whatever we want!)
News reports tell us that Disney’s building a Marvel indoor theme park in Dubai. We have opinions!
Related links (yup, we promise they’re related to the discussion on the show):
- Amnesty International: Muslims discriminated against for demonstrating their faith
- Time Out Dubai: Top 10 movies in the UAE (which appears to be for 2011, or at least some date during that year)
- Parc Astérix, a theme park in France
We’ve got a few opinions of which Disney properties deserve a stage musical of their own. And some thoughts about those which already exist.
Related to the show: Here’s a video of the carpet flipping over during the Aladdin musical at Disney California Adventure. Yikes!
If you’re going to be at Disneyland August 3-5, 2012, check out the Friends of the Magic Meet! We can’t be there ourselves, but we’ve donated Mickey Mouse chocolate bars.
We were both quite moved by the story of Ben, and his final ride on Snow White’s Scary Adventure before it was closed to make way for the ongoing Fantasyland overhaul at Walt Disney World.
Some related links:
- The blog entry by Ben’s Dad
- The SWSA fan page from Finland
- Orlando Attractions video coverage of the final ride during park hours — though we now know it wasn’t the last time through after all!