We discuss excursions available during Lisa’s upcoming Disney Cruise Line Alaska cruise, including plenty of discussion of how to keep warm in cold climates.
The first 33 seconds of that video are the best part of Leroy and Stitch. Trust us on this.
This week, we talk about the plethora of Stitch-Based Entertainment (SBE): Lilo and Stitch; Stitch! The Movie; Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch; and Leroy and Stitch. Jennifer watched them ALL in the first few days of 2014. This is a higher concentration of SBE than we can recommend.
UPDATE: I, Cat #2, mislabeled this show and the following week’s show! This IS show #256 – NOT show #261. I have no idea where I pulled that number out of. No comments please.
This week, Trace talks about the highs and lows of his recent Disneyland trip that he took with Wayne. ALLEGEDLY. Then we are playing the first of three “Memory Room” talks given by Disney Legends Bob Gurr and Rolly Crump (the two other talks will be played for next weeks show).
We will also be having a little give away – make a comment here on the blog or over on our facebook page by midnight July 19th and we will enter one entry per person into the pot to win a nifty LE Tiki Room pin – oh boy!
Now here are some of those pictures Trace promised y’all:
The WatchamaGreg joins us for a discussion of Brave and Wreck It Ralph. Which deserved the Academy Award? Yes, we’re ridiculously Disney-centric and barely mention the other nominees, other than to say that more people really need to see The Pirates! Band of Misfits, an Aardman Animations tour-de-force.
- Paperman, winner of 2013 Academy Award for Best Animated Short
- YouTube channel for PES, creator of Fresh Guacamole, which we all liked better than Paperman
- Ridiculous Lucky Captain Rabbit King, Lucky Captain Rabbit King Nuggets are for the youth!
- Vance’s tweet. Yay Vance!
- ZOMG. We missed Michelle’s birthday!
So, it’s finally happened, the (sort of) un-anticipated bye. Cat #1 has been out of town and things are a bit hectic here in the Land of Which I Am Mayor, so, instead of releasing a show of me reading the phone book or an undesited presentation from the Disney Magic about making towel animals (I’ve no idea how it ends but Trace indicated it could be with him cursing some clueless wanna-be towel folding lady), we shall take the week off and rejoin you all Wednesday, March 6, 2013!
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 9,300 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 16 years to get that many views.
This week’s show is practically like a news round-up, if we were a news show! We talk about the trying-to-go-viral marketing for Believe In Fantasy, and the new Mickey Check system for indicating which kids’ meals are healthier choices.
- Flying Entertainment Vehicle patent application, and discussion of the application on Neverland Gazette
- The patent itself, awarded October 16, 2012
- Sightings of prototype dragons
- Disney’s Believe in Fantasy tumblr
- Mickey Check article from the Disney Parks Blog
- Disney nutrition guidelines associated with the Mickey Check (and only for kids! so grownups can eat whatever we want!)
News reports tell us that Disney’s building a Marvel indoor theme park in Dubai. We have opinions!
Related links (yup, we promise they’re related to the discussion on the show):
- Amnesty International: Muslims discriminated against for demonstrating their faith
- Time Out Dubai: Top 10 movies in the UAE (which appears to be for 2011, or at least some date during that year)
- Parc Astérix, a theme park in France